Monday, May 16, 2016

Grey Phantom

Finally, everything is transferred from Da'mit over to the Grey Phantom. Dammit will be restored to a two wheel status and sold.

Now let's go play a little...  with a camera and the iPhone camera. Though we live in the suburbs of the fourth largest US city, are only five minutes away from narrow country lanes and pasture land. 

Oops,  lost a load!


To a motorcyclist, loose hay or straw is like ice on the road.  If you hit it you are going down.
For a sidecar rider, it's not so bad.  Sidecar don't fall over easily so one can ignore loose gravel, sand or mud on the road. 

 Note the small horizontal light below on the left front of the sidecar.  That LED light really doesn't enhance the safety factor as I wanted. The biggest danger to motorcyclists is drivers do not see us.  I wanted a second light on the front so as to be seen by other drivers. 


Swapped out that small light for a larger five bulb LED light. If nothing more, it attracts other driver's attention and makes them wonder what the heck is that? LED lights draw so very little amperage, one does not worry about overloading the bike's electrical system.


Okay, which of the these three photos do you like best?  

Number One above... Bright Orange Sunset.

Number Two below... Hazy Sunset.


Or Number Three... Black and White Sunset..



Ode of Life
I refuse to be a puppet
Made to dance and twirl
At the whim of some hidden master
On the stage 
Of Life

I shall pull up my pants
And tighten my belt
For today I will ride
My three wheels
Of life

Choosing my bearings
I accelerate freely
Awakening the senses, seeking
A fresher breath
Of life

Life may be short
Or life may be long 
Freedom of the road bodes well
A natural prolonging,
Of life.

The Sidecarist magazine was generous enough to publish another one of my poems in their March/April 2016 issue along with one of my sidecar photos. 

Really need to take a long road trip, the creative well is running dry. 
The Grey Phantom is ready, summer is upon us. Time to ride and write.


Ride safe, ya'll

CCjon


10 comments:

  1. I like the colors in the 1st photo.

    I leave the LED fog lights mounted to the sidecar on all the time. And I have had a number of other drivers mention that they see me coming and wonder what it is. Attracting attention is a good thing. I do have them on a switch as I'm told that it is required in Canada to be able to turn them off. If so, a strange rule...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know about Canada's requirements either. The two driving lights (that are turned off in the photos) between the left running light and the head lamps are on a switched circuit. Should have turned them on in another shot to demonstrate the difference.

      Delete
  2. OK, are you SURE you were not in Brazil in the mid 60s sometime? You're sure? Between the poetry and the photographs, I am not so sure :)

    Photo #1 definitely. The sun is almost centered between the two lights. Perfect!!
    I also like the filter you used on the very first photograph. It gives it an old antique "look."

    I am excited to read about your upcoming adventures, Abu! So glad the kids have such a great example in you. The one that actually DOES instead of only desiring and wanting.

    Love you!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brazil? 1960's? Pretty sure I was in the Darien jungle of Panama using banana leaves as an umbrella, not for...

      Once a hippy, always a ...... nah, just trying to stay engaged in living. Life is too short not to.

      Delete
  3. +1 on the first photo.

    I put an aux light as well on the starboard side of the rig.....makes people look again and hopefully not pull out in front of one's rig. I should, like RichardM, put a switch on it so I can turn it off, say when the battery is weak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dom, you are an admired photographer, have you experimented much with B&W photos?

      Delete
    2. sorry for the delayed response, I haven't played with B&W much....that's how I started though, back in the day while studying photojournalism in college.

      Delete
    3. sorry for the delayed response, I haven't played with B&W much....that's how I started though, back in the day while studying photojournalism in college.

      Delete
  4. Now, if you can find a spinning LED light like they have on the front of fire engines, that would really attract attention...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, and maybe even illegal?

      Doesn't someone make a glow in the dark riding jacket?

      Delete

please comment here: